Sunday, December 27, 2015

2015 End of Year Book Survey!

2015-end-of-year-book-survey-1024x984

Hello everyone! This End of Year book survey was made by Jamie @ The Perpetual Page-Turner which where you fill out the questions given. The title is pretty much self-explanatory or you can just go to her page. 

reading-stats-2015-1024x278

Number Of Books You Read: 62
Number of Re-Reads: 2
Genre You Read The Most From: Fantasy of course!

best-YA-books-2014

1. Best Book You Read In 2015?

This is a hard one! I read so many great books this year and they were mostly popular books too! But I'll say Hopeless by Colleen Hoover! Such an awesome and emotional book!

2. Book You Were Excited About & Thought You Were Going To Love More But Didn’t?

This is a tough one since most of everything I've read turned out pretty well but I'll have to say Reawakened by Colleen Houck. Colleen Houck is one of my favorite authors and wrote one of my favorite series of all times but this book wasn't as amazing as her Tiger's Curse series. I know it's only the first book but I was really excited since it's based on Egyption Mythology and Houck makes swoony guys but sadly didn't turn out the way I wanted. I still enjoyed it though!

 3. Most surprising (in a good way or bad way) book you read? 

I know this is cheating but I have to say the Jennifer L. Armenstrout's Covenant series and The Dark Elements trilogy! I enjoyed all of her books and her humor !

 4. Book You “Pushed” The Most People To Read (And They Did)?

I didn't really influence much people into reading in my life since no one around me reads but I did convince my best friend to read Hopeless by Colleen Hoover and she loves it!

 5. Best series you started in 2015? Best Sequel of 2015? Best Series Ender of 2015?

Best series; A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J. Maas
Best Sequel of 2015: Days of Blood and Starlight by Laini Taylor (Daughter of Smoke and Bone #2)
Best End of 2015: Last Sacrifice by Richelle Mead

6. Favorite new author you discovered in 2015?

Colleen Hoover
 I will read anything by her! I read all of her books and loved them all!

7. Best book from a genre you don’t typically read/was out of your comfort zone?

I read anything in YA and nothing is really out of my comfort zone since I'm open for anything so I'm just going to not answer this question and pass.

8. Most action-packed/thrilling/unputdownable book of the year?

11735983Allegiant (Divergent, #3)

Enough said.

9. Book You Read In 2015 That You Are Most Likely To Re-Read Next Year?

I hardly reread books unless I'm really thinking about the book and missing all the characters but I do reread I'm probably going to reread certain sections of the book since it's the stuff I remember most and enjoyed. I know I've already said this in one of my previous questions but I'll have to go with Last Sacrifice by Richelle Mead because even to this day I reread some of the passages that made me cry and laugh. I REALLY LOVE THAT SERIES OKAY!!

10. Favorite cover of a book you read in 2015?

18248613
I know this is a novella but this cover is so awesome!

11. Most memorable character of 2015?

There's so many to choose from since I remember a lot of characters and I'm trying not to use the same books again but I'm gonna cheat and say the characters from the Lunar Chronicles since this year I read Cress and it felt so good to be back in that world again.

 12. Most beautifully written book read in 2015?

GAAAHHH so many to choose from but I'll have to go with Laini Taylor's Daughter of Smoke and Bone trilogy since her writing is AMAZING!!!

13. Most Thought-Provoking/ Life-Changing Book of 2015?

Ugly Love by Colleen Hoover! I didn't like the first half of the book since it's mostly sex but the other half is where the emotional parts happen and shit goes down and it leaves you crying and then there's a happily ever after and then you want to cry again because everyone is happy. That's what Hoover's books do to you but I think this one really got to me since it was more darker than the others.

14. Book you can’t believe you waited UNTIL 2015 to finally read? 

Dude I've read so many old books this year and I want to kick myself for waiting this long to read it but I'll have to go with the Covenant series again. 

15. Favorite Passage/Quote From A Book You Read In 2015?

“To my wonderful readers:
Sorry about that last cliff-hanger.
Well, no, not really. HAHAHAHA.
But seriously, I love you guys.”
-Rick Riordan

This was from Mark of Athena and I didn't read that this year probably in 2014 or 2013 but to this day this count makes me so mad yet makes me love Riordan at the same time.

16.Shortest & Longest Book You Read In 2015?

Longest Book
Last Sacrifice (Vampire Academy, #6)

Shortest Book
18248613

17. Book That Shocked You The Most

Hopeless by Colleen Hoover! THIS BOOK! THIS BOOK!
My face the entire time

18. OTP OF THE YEAR (you will go down with this ship!)

ROSE AND DIMITRI 5EVAAA AND 6EVAAA!! Rose and Dimitri are my FAVORITE OTP OF ALL TIMES LIKE NOBODY ARE AS AWESOME AS THEM!!!! 
(I know that picture is absolutely horrible but it was so badly done that I had to use it)

19. Favorite Non-Romantic Relationship Of The Year

Elliot and Penny from Girl Online! Their friendship was too cute and he's so supportive of her and GAAHHH!

20. Favorite Book You Read in 2015 From An Author You’ve Read Previously

You know how hard it is to not reuse books? 
A Court of Thorns and Roses (A Court of Thorns and Roses, #1)

21. Best Book You Read In 2015That You Read Based SOLELY On A Recommendation From Somebody Else/Peer Pressure:

Saga #1
EVERYONE LOVE THESE GRAPHIC NOVELS! All the booktubers I follow really love these books and I was pressured into reading this and I'm really enjoying them!

22. Newest fictional crush from a book you read in 2015?

I'll have to say Ignifex from Cruel Beauty since he was so funny and awesome! There were other swoon-worthy guys but since I read Cruel Beauty last he kind of sticks out!
I pictured Ignifex as Rami Malek. Why? I like the thought of seeing Malek in my head while reading since he's absolutely gorgeous.

23. Best 2015 debut you read?

A Court of Thorns and Roses (A Court of Thorns and Roses, #1)

24. Best Worldbuilding/Most Vivid Setting You Read This Year?

12812550

25. Book That Put A Smile On Your Face/Was The Most FUN To Read?

Girl Online (Girl Online, #1)
Cutest book I read this year!


26. Book That Made You Cry Or Nearly Cry in 2015?

Allegiant (Divergent, #3)
Enough said.

27. Hidden Gem Of The Year?

I actually don't have one since all the books I read were popular. So pass!

28. Book That Crushed Your Soul?

Allegiant (Divergent, #3)
I know I've used this book multiple times but this book was just too much.

29. Most Unique Book You Read In 2015?

Dead of Winter (The Arcana Chronicles, #3)
Guys! This series is amazing and I highly recommend you guys to read it!

30. Book That Made You The Most Mad (doesn’t necessarily mean you didn’t like it)?

Siege and Storm (The Grisha, #2)
Because the main character doesn't end up with who I wanted. 


book-blogging

1. New favorite book blog you discovered in 2015?

https://thewildreaders.wordpress.com
This girls are hilarious I recommend you guys checking them out!

2. Favorite review that you wrote in 2015?

I just started book reviewing so I don't have much to choose from! So I'll pass this question!

3. Best discussion/non-review post you had on your blog?

Pass again!

4. Best event that you participated in (author signings, festivals, virtual events, memes, etc.)?

I think Top Ten Tuesdays are fun to do!

5. Best moment of bookish/blogging life in 2015?

I really can't wait for next year's survey so I'll know what to fill out because I just started blogging!

6. Most challenging thing about blogging or your reading life this year?

Making reviews! 

7. Most Popular Post This Year On Your Blog (whether it be by comments or views)?

I should really skip this section.

8. Post You Wished Got A Little More Love?

All of them.

9. Best bookish discover (book related sites, book stores, etc.)?

Goodreads of course! And Booktube!

10.  Did you complete any reading challenges or goals that you had set for yourself at the beginning of this year?

My Goodreads reading challenge! My Goal was 60 books and I read 62!!
looking-ahead-books-2015

1. One Book You Didn’t Get To In 2015 But Will Be Your Number 1 Priority in 2016?

Six of Crows (Six of Crows, #1)
I WILL JOIN THE HYPE! I WILL READ THIS BOOK!

2. Book You Are Most Anticipating For 2016 (non-debut)?

Glass Sword (Red Queen, #2)
It ended on a huge cliffhanger! I want to know what happens!

3. 2016 Debut You Are Most Anticipating?

26252859
It's Rick Riordan. Who wouldn't be anticipating?

4. Series Ending/A Sequel You Are Most Anticipating in 2016?

I have no idea actually. This is awkward.

5. One Thing You Hope To Accomplish Or Do In Your Reading/Blogging Life In 2016?

Read more of course and I want to interact more with more bookish people!

I'm not even gonna bother answering question 6 (book you read that comes out in 2016 that you recommend anyone to read) and I read nada books!

Those were so many questions but I had fun doing the survey and I hopefully next year will be a wonderful reading year for me and this blog!

2 comments:

  1. How is the Vampire Academy series? I've heard that it's so great but it's quite a long series! I may have to check it out. Happy reading in the new year! :)
    Krystianna @ Downright Dystopian

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the Vampire Academy series! It's one of my favorite series of all times and it's hilarious too! There's only six books in the series but after the first two that's when the series gets really good! Happy reading!

      Delete

 
Images by Freepik