Tuesday, February 2, 2016

TTT: Ten Historical Settings You'd Love To See In Books {5}

Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish.

Top Ten Historical Settings You'd Love to See

I don't read much historical fiction because some haven't interest me lately since I mostly find books set in the Victorian era and I was never interested in that time. I was mostly interested ancient history times mostly in the continents of Africa and Asia because I always found the history fascinating.


Greece

I wish there were some more books set in ancient Greece where everyone believed in gods and goddesses and people went on quest. It would be nice to read a retelling of The Odyssey or the retelling of Heracles or some hero. We need some more books set in ancient Greece!


Ancient Rome

Why aren't there any books set in Ancient Rome? It's more military-like than Ancient Greece and more strict. I think it would be an awesome read! I know the book An Ember in the Ashes was based on Anicent Rome!


Ancient Egypt

How can you not want to read about Ancient Egypt? I always thought the pyramids were so cool and the Sphinx! I love reading about Egyptian mythology and culture! MORE BOOKS SET IN EGYPT PLEASE!!


Aztec Empire and Mayan Empire

In case you guys don't know, this is basically ancient Mexico. PLEASE PLEAS PLEASE SOMEONE MAKE A BOOK BASED ON THIS HISTORY!!


China

MULAN RETELLING ASAP! LIKE AS IN NOW!!!!!


Japan

SAMURAIS HELL YEAH!!!


BOOKS WITH DINOSAURS PLEASE BECAUSE DINOSAURS WERE PART OF HISTORY!!


New York in 1920s

OMG I love reading about the 1920s when it was the golden age and jazz was introduced and flappers! I always thought this time looked so fun for everyone!

I know it's not ten but I couldn't think of anymore I wanted besides those. Anyways, please someone, anyone, write a book or something based on those time periods because I WILL READ THEM!

2 comments:

  1. If you're looking for books set in Ancient Rome and you like reading middle grade then I would recommend The Roman Mysteries series. I read a few as a child and, from what I can remember, they were pretty good! i would love to see some 1920's New York too! 1920's anywhere tbh
    Happy reading! : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Cayla,

    I'm not really into historical non-fiction either, but I do enjoy historical fiction sometimes.

    I think that you are doing a wonderful job on your blog and I nominated you for the One Lovely Blog Award. Consider it my way of meeting other book reviewers and letting them know that they aren't alone, and I know that it can get overwhelming at times.

    Anyway, stop by my blog sometime to see what the award is all about. If there is anything I can do for you, please feel free to contact me.

    ReplyDelete

 
Images by Freepik